About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 2 October 2011

An apple day's pickings

Today was the fourth year we attended the Herstmonceux Allotment's Apple Day. Basically you pitch up at 10am, and help pick the apple harvest at the nearby orchard. After a couple of hours of hard graft (and much scrumping on the job) you stop for a well earned hearty bbq and rest. It was a fab day due to the unseasonably hot weather, there was no better place to be than in the heart of the weald enjoying it's bounty!




 Musquee de Provence Squash

 View down to the orchard


Tired pickers!

I almost forgot to mention (...thanks to Sue) that you get to take home a big bag of fresh apples for your efforts!

5 comments:

  1. Do you get to buy some of the fruit too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you get it free! I forgot to mention, that is the incentive for picking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this great post! I have been looking into getting a new furnace in calgary... Any ideas of where to get a good one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lovely pumpkins, reminds me of halo-ween.
    air conditioning bell canyon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog post furnace lane. Thanks for sharing it to Edmonton furnace company.

    ReplyDelete