About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Monday 4 July 2011

Sunday in the sun

I visited the plot yesterday for the first time since having Charlie. It was like being on holiday for two weeks and returning to find your garden looking like a jungle! All the paths had merged together with sprawling plants desperate to find a foothold. Tendrils of beans and squashes everywhere, and of course lots of thistles.

We put down a rug got out the humous and picked lots of carrots and peas for munching, along with some other goodies. Then we set to work harvesting as much as we could, peas, broad beans, chard, potatoes, blackcurrants, strawberries, onions, carrots, garlic, dill, parsley, fennel, swedes and kohl rabit. To say the haul was prolific would be an understatement. I was glowing with pride at the end of it all! To top it off I picked a couple of bunches of sweet peas and cornflowers for my mum.

We went home tired but happy. Charlie seemed to enjoy it there too.








3 comments:

  1. You are really going to have your work cut out for you aren't you? There looks to be plenty growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that proper made me smile:
    you look fabulous and what a yummy family you make:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!Sue you made me laugh, I always like to 'overdo' things! I'm not bothered if the plot goes over a bit as I'll be handing it on to someone else next spring, I'll just go in with a machete in the autumn!

    Thanks chocolate girl (sorry I forgot your name) we may look yummy but my toddler certainly are a handful at the moment. I still love the fact they know where all the veg grows and can nibble on things when we visit.

    ReplyDelete