About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Sunday 5 June 2011

It's raining rain, allelujah

Yes at long last we have had an afternoon of continuous rain, who would have though I'd ever be so pleased to see it! Closhes off in celebration!

3 comments:

  1. we've had a day of it today and I could have done a dance!
    after months of no significant splashes , everything has perked up:
    me included:
    all the dust washed away: plants all standing to attention:
    love it:

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it's missed us yet again - we don't seem to have any promised either!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Poor you Sue, I really sympathise, hoping you get some soon.
    It certainly has perked up everything here, and made everything grow at last! I haven't seen brown soil for ages.

    ReplyDelete