About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Saturday 18 June 2011

It's all blooming marvellous

I'm my extremely incapacitated state (very heavily pregnant) I tottered to the plot today to do some harvesting. It's been about a week since my last visit, but wow what a difference since all this rain! Everything is lush and blooming, all the gaps filled , buds bursting, it's generally looking very heavy indeed. I almost feel like this is the end of my allotment journey this year, as I know when my baby arrives, time will be precious and I only really planned my plot to get me to this point. So far as I can say it's been a huge success this year and I'm really pleased with everything... (well perhaps not so much with the asparagus and rhubarb, but you can't have it all). So before I disappear into a pile of nappies, here are some pics of the plot as I left it.












3 comments:

  1. Everyone keeps mentioning heavy rain but where is ours? Are you keeping your plot on after the baby is born?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wOw abundance!
    beautiful red stawbs and yellow stemmed chard:
    a rainbow of produce ^_^
    jealous of your peas and broad beans:
    mine are on catch up as we got the rain later {now!}
    good luck with the wee one: x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I will keep the allotment till next spring, but I won't be actively tending to it, just harvesting. I may put in some leeks, but only if my husband doesn't know, he keeps telling me off for working there when I should be resting!

    ReplyDelete