About me



I'm a half Finnish designer who has since taken a break to bring up my children. I used to work in Graphic Design, but now I prefer working with textiles and illustration. This blog is about my allotment and garden. I have been gardening for many years and grew up watching my mum and dad do the same. I began my allotment in Jan 2010 in memory of my father who passed a way just before then. I also love cooking and finding inventive and delicious ways to make my produce into meals. I'm growing with my experiences, and welcome any helpful advice! Sometime soon I hope to use my garden as inspiration for my art.

Thursday 25 August 2011

Ostrich Feather Asters and the rest

My range of cut flowers was expanded this year, and it's well worth it when I turn up on the plot to see a riot of colour from the road. I must have saved quite a bit of money on the various bunches I have brought home, not to say I would have bought flowers anyway as I much prefer the garden variety. Here is a selection of what was on offer this year, forgive me for not providing names for all, I will refer back and update later!


Ostrich Feather Asters, wonderfully fluffy and decadent


Purple Larkspur and Queen Anne's Lace (with scent)


the allotment staple, sunflower


Ok so not a cut flower, but couldn't resist adding this Icelandic poppy


Long stemmed heritage sweet peas


No comments:

Post a Comment